How It Works
GIVIT connects those who have with those who need, in a safe and private way. Through GIVIT’s website,trusted Australian charities are able to request
exactly what is needed by their clients. These requests are listed here, where every day Australians can donate in
response. Alternatively, donors can pledge their offer of donated items into our virtual warehouse. Details of this
offer will be lodged online for all local charities to see.
When a need is matched to a donation, the GIVIT portal sends an email to exchange contact details between the donor and the charity. Then, the charity
and donor agree between themselves on a delivery option. Once the charity receives the item, it is privately passed on to the recipient. The donor
and recipient never meet as, above all, GIVIT aims to preserve the dignity and privacy of people accessing support.
Please note: our website requires the use of an up-to-date internet browser. The recommended browser is Google Chrome.
IF YOU ARE A DONOR:
- All donations must be pledged online
- First view our items needed and search by postcode to see what items are currently needed in your local community (the
list is regularly updated)
- If you have an item to give, you can pledge your offer into our virtual warehouse - please specify how long you can hold
the item, and delivery preference (drop off, pick up or post)
- You can register for our newsletter to receive a weekly list of items needed in your community
- Please remember we only accept quality items
- Please check the Prohibited Items List
- For more information, we’ve drafted our Tips for Donating
IF YOU ARE A CHARITY:
You must first register to use the GIVIT service.
- You can access GIVIT’s virtual warehouse where the details of donations offered by members of the public are listed and you can choose to reserve a
- If what you need is not listed, you are able to submit a request for any essential items for your client or items you may need for your service - the
request will be reviewed by our team and listed on our Items Needed list
- Please check the Prohibited Items List to see that your request falls within our guidelines
MORE ABOUT DELIVERY:
When an item is donated, we exchange your nominated donor and charity contact details via email.
- GIVIT does not have transport or trucks
- GIVIT does not store or warehouse any items
- GIVIT cannot pick up your items